Everyone’s Business is a new innovative cross-partnership programme putting employers at the heart of tackling domestic abuse and providing them with the tools they need to recognise and prevent domestic abuse, be prepared to receive disclosures and actively respond and speedily support employees who are experiencing or perpetrating domestic abuse.
Everyone’s Business aims to engage employers throughout the United Kingdom by starting the conversation about domestic abuse in the workplace. The purpose is to create an overall change on how employers think and respond to domestic abuse.
It will provide employers with the tools they need to strengthen the response and support available to employees experiencing and perpetrating abuse.
Everyone’s Business is built on partnerships. The partners are:
• Hestia, London’s largest provider of domestic abuse refuges
• Employers Initiative on Domestic Abuse, a network of 200 organisations working collectively to end domestic abuse
• Surviving Economic Abuse, the only UK charity dedicated to transforming the response to domestic abuse
• Bulbshare, who deliver technology to help brands and organisations build more meaningful relationships with their audiences
• TecSOS, an initiative that seeks to support victims of domestic abuse through provision of a specially adapted piece of technology
• Women’s Trust, a charity focusing on the mental and emotional health of women affected by domestic violence and abuse
• Cardiff Women’s Aid, a charity providing support to individuals and communities affected by the devastation that is wrought by domestic abuse